Church and Peace is the European ecumenical peace church network of communities, training centres, peace organisations and peace service agencies. It participates in the ecumenical dialogue of the conciliar process for Justice, Peace and the Integrity of Creation and is a catalyst for common initiatives and projects.
- Read about active Gospel non-violence and what it means to be a ‘peace church’.
- Become acquainted with the members of the network and their experiences on the peace church journey.
- Learn about the ways in which they strive to live their commitment to non-violence on a day-to-day basis.
- Keep informed about events organised by Church and Peace, its members and partners.
- Find texts and documents published by Church and Peace.
Download the Church and Peace leaflet (pdf)
16 March 2021. “Building Peace from the ground up” was the theme of our recent Church and Peace Britain and Ireland regional conference on 13 March 2021 co-organised with the Fellowship of Reconciliation UK. Thinking about a world which seems to be overwhelmed by hatred manifesting itself both in physical forms and through hate speech, we felt blessed in having a range of inspiring speakers who shared their experience and wisdom with us in keynote addresses and in workshops.
Wethen, 25 Feburary 2021 – On 1 January 2021, a new era of the European Union began with Brexit, but also with the new budget phase of the Multiannual Financial Framework (2021-2027). In a statement, the Board of Church and Peace has evaluated some of the available arms and security policy decisions taken under the German EU Council Presidency.
On 19th April 2021, Church and Peace in Britain and Ireland is hosting an online conversation on „The Politics of Division - is the UK government pursuing a "white nationalist" agenda to split our communities?“ Join us on zoom to discuss this issue! We will hear...