Church and Peace is the European ecumenical peace church network of communities, training centres, peace organisations and peace service agencies. It participates in the ecumenical dialogue of the conciliar process for Justice, Peace and the Integrity of Creation and is a catalyst for common initiatives and projects.
- Read about active Gospel non-violence and what it means to be a ‘peace church’.
- Become acquainted with the members of the network and their experiences on the peace church journey.
- Learn about the ways in which they strive to live their commitment to non-violence on a day-to-day basis.
- Keep informed about events organised by Church and Peace, its members and partners.
- Find texts and documents published by Church and Peace.
Download the Church and Peace leaflet (pdf)
‘Focus on overcoming all wars’ – Peace organisations write open letter to the Assembly of the World Council of Churches
Wethen, 22 August 2022 In an Open Letter, Church and Peace, together with representatives of various ecumenical peace organisations, addresses the Central Committee of the World Council of Churches (WCC) and the delegates at the 11th Assembly 2022 in Karlsruhe. They...
Church and Peace involvement in WCC Assembly in Karlsruhe 2022 focuses on peace, justice and role of the churches
Wethen, 16 August 2022 Church and Peace is excited to engage in conversation and theological reflection, fellowship and prayer, as well as discernment and action when the global ecumenical family meets in Europe from 31 August until 8 September 2022 in Karlsruhe for...
Church and Peace mourns the loss of one of its founders. After a full life, Ruth Warneck (née Kahle, *5 September 1929) died at the age of almost 93 on 5 August 2022. The funeral service and urn burial will take place on Saturday 27 August 2022 at 2.00 pm at the...