Church and Peace is the European ecumenical peace church network of communities, training centres, peace organisations and peace service agencies. It participates in the ecumenical dialogue of the conciliar process for Justice, Peace and the Integrity of Creation and is a catalyst for common initiatives and projects.
- Read about active Gospel non-violence and what it means to be a ‘peace church’.
- Become acquainted with the members of the network and their experiences on the peace church journey.
- Learn about the ways in which they strive to live their commitment to non-violence on a day-to-day basis.
- Keep informed about events organised by Church and Peace, its members and partners.
- Find texts and documents published by Church and Peace.
Download the Church and Peace leaflet (pdf)
Registration is now open for the international conference in Strasbourg from 2-5 September 2021 on “Images of God and Nonviolence”.
On 19 April 2021, Church and Peace hosted an online conversation on “The Politics of Division” and the question whether the UK government was using an agenda of ‘white nationalism’ to divide communities.
Wethen, 22 April 2021. The commitments of the Charta Oecumenica, signed by the European churches today 20 years ago, are also a challenge for Church and Peace. Chair Antje Heider-Rottwilm reflects.