Church and Peace is the European ecumenical peace church network of communities, training centres, peace organisations and peace service agencies. It participates in the ecumenical dialogue of the conciliar process for Justice, Peace and the Integrity of Creation and is a catalyst for common initiatives and projects.
- Read about active Gospel non-violence and what it means to be a ‘peace church’.
- Become acquainted with the members of the network and their experiences on the peace church journey.
- Learn about the ways in which they strive to live their commitment to non-violence on a day-to-day basis.
- Keep informed about events organised by Church and Peace, its members and partners.
- Find texts and documents published by Church and Peace.
Download the Church and Peace leaflet (pdf)
Wethen, 7 Sept 2021 – From 3 to 5 September 2021, the AGM and international conference of Church and Peace dealt with the topic of Images of God and (Non)Violence. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the conference took place online with more than 100 participants from all over Europe, and from Mozambique, Burkina Faso, Togo, and India. The participants explored manifestations of hierarchy, dominance, oppression, and violence – whether structural, spiritual, or personal. The aim was to determine the extent to which religious traditions and attitudes are linked to violence, racism, and sexism, to explore …
08 July 2021. It is with great regret that the Board of Church and Peace decided not to hold the 2021 International Conference as a face-to-face event in Strasbourg, France, as planned. The ongoing pandemic, travel restrictions and thus the likely exclusion of some...
Compiègne, 21 June 2021.
The members of the French-speaking network of Church and Peace have written a letter to the churches in France. They wish to draw their attention to recent statements by French leaders who associate the role of the police with that of the army, implying a situation of civil war.