Welcome to the Church and Peace Website
Church and Peace is a European Ecumenical peace church network made up of communities, training centres, peace organisations and peace service agencies. It participates in the ecumenical dialogue of the conciliar process for Justice, Peace and the Integrity of Creation and is a catalyst for common initiatives and projects.
- Read about active Gospel non-violence and what it means to be a 'peace church'.
- Become acquainted with the members of the network and their experiences on the peace church journey.
- Learn about the ways in which they strive to live their commitment to non-violence on a day-to-day basis.
- Keep informed about events organised by Church and Peace, its members and partners.
- Find texts and documents published by Church and Peace.
Annual General Meeting 2014: May, 23-25 in Baarlo, close to Venlo in the Netherlands.
Just Policing and unarmed Intervention: the churches' dialogue on the responsibility to protect (R2P)
Our Newsletter Autumn 2013 can be downloaded.
Contribution of Church and Peace to the World Council of Churches' 10th Assembly at Busan, Korea: 'God of Life, make us instruments of your peace and justice' - From Kingston to Busan and Beyond
International conference 31 May - 2 June 2013 at the Community Christusbruderschaft Selbitz, Germany:
'Seek the welfare of the city' - The prophetic mandate of the Church
Press Release June 2013 Documents Conference Flyer
Press release 'New General Secretary Davorka Lovreković' (September 14, 2012)
New pamphlet 'Theology and Peace': 'Peace, reconciliation and justice in the biblical narrative', Neal Blough
Press release 'The European Community - an unfinished reconciliation project. The countries of the former Yugoslavia and European integration' from the Annual General Meeting 2012 in Brussels (April 29, 2012) and Pictures.
Press release: After Kingston, churches must find answers to the question of the international 'Responsibility to Protect - R2P' (November 5, 2011)